San José de Gracia de Las Trampas Mission Church (Video)
The San José de Gracia de Las Trampas Mission Church is located in Las Trampas, a Spanish colonial village established in 1751 that is south of Taos on the old NM76, commonly referred to as the "High Road to Taos." A national historic landmark, the church was completed in 1780 and is a part of the original town plaza. It is considered to be one of the best-preserved examples of Spanish Colonial Mission architecture in New Mexico. Fully restored in the 1970s, San José de Gracia de Las Trampas continues to serve as a parish church.